Thursday, August 21, 2008

Oh No, Missed Out!

Oh dear!
I'm afraid on my mother's last day here I completely piked and fell asleep at 6.30pm.
I missed not only the NZ meal she made, but other company that came over to say goodbye to her.
I fell very awful about it...I just felt really ill come the early evening and somehow a helpful nap turned into an entire nights sleep.

:(

Bad daughter.

Now mum is on a plane on her way home.
We had a really good visit.
I had a blast, despite fatigue, and I hope she did too.
She managed to get four paintings done, I only got one done!
But we were both pleased with our work.

Now I have to get used to an empty house...
Boy has gone into work so I have girl music playing and I'm doing some work (an Australian commission)

I will get used to it just being me again but it may take a day!
There's no one to put the kettle on for!

I hope mum is having an awesome flight...

More later.
xxxS.

4 comments:

Melissa Muirhead said...

Hi, I'm Melissa (from NZ) and have been reading your blog for a while and really enjoy it (and looove your art) so I just wondered when I read this post, what was the NZ meal your Mum made? I'm racking my brain trying to think what it could be.

Kay said...

just ...

Alison Holst meat loaf with my variations of added toppings and baked in a long roll not in a tin,

savoury eggs (stuffed eggs, deviled eggs... you know the ones),

traditional lettuce salad (iceburg lettuce, grated carrots, tomatoes, a little finely sliced onion, added grated cheese for those who like it) with

home made mayonnaise (cream, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper),

boiled potatoes with butter, nothing special.

After living in Italy it tastes like summertime NZ... especially butter on boiled spuds!

Lyvvie said...

*gurgle* My belly thinks that sounds great!

Don't feel bad Sarah, those early days of pregnancy are so hard and exhausting!I remember falling asleep standing up leaning against my desk at work. I'm sure your Mom understands.

Penny Pink said...

i made devilled eggs tonight for the first time after reading this post. they were yum, thanks for the inspiration!