Sunday, October 7, 2007

On Art

I know, I've been slacking with updating. I suppose it is because I haven't been throwing myself into my art 100%. I've been busy, doing more things with more people, adding other elements to my already busy life, and almost becoming a whole new person (yikes, don't worry, I'm still cool).

Anyway today - admidst raging fever - I climbed upstairs to the workshop and cut piece after new piece of wood. Spraypainted them all and am in the midst of priming them.

I've also done a lot of research into advertising and new promotional techniques.

And I am - just now - relocating my studio to the lower level of the house. It means that I can paint whilst cooking lunches and dinners and doing general housework because I'm only a step away from the cooking/cleaning sites!

I'm also sorting out my laptop so it can be moved to my new studio.

I foresee with this move alone *at least* a 20% productivity increase.

Today I also blew off a party to concentrate more fully on my projects. I'm proud of myself for that one. I would have *loved* to have gone and watched my husband jam out with an awesome group of musicians but resisted all temptations so I could work on my own artistic endeavours. I'll be sure to make it up to us both later. ;)

Anyway, having said all that, the afternooon light is slowing leaving and I need to get a shuffle on so I can run with about 4 new Share Your Tears submissions.

More when I can, you know I'm *back*!

Love,
xxxS.

No comments: