Monday, June 16, 2008

Next Series

I'm researching my next series.
Whoa.
It's hard to be burdened by research when it is all about beauty.

I'm tip-toeing on the rim of far more beautiful things than I can ever grasp.
But it is not foolish to reach out.

I can't really start any of the works right now though.
I am instead working on a commission for a wonderful woman in Atlanta, GA. (I am excited about this piece)
And I am thinking/composing a replacement piece for the Dorthy hanging in starbucks (I need to get that down so I can send it to it's new owner)
And there are a couple of gifts I would like to create.
And I am possibly painting another commission, providing the boy calls me back.
And I have to - at some point this week - update all of my online sites (something fierce)
And I need to paint some SYTs.
And I will be going on a trip to the ocean this weekend.

So!
So.
So.
So when I say I am researching my next series really I am dreaming.
But oh!
The dreams are so sweet.
And the research is grand.
And I sway and smile appropriately.
And grin - just a little - at the state of things.
For surely life is wonderful.

Shhhhh! Listen! Listen to the research, swirling around my brain. Listen to the art that is shaping by itself.

When did life get so freaking beautiful?
It's like I cut out the Cancer and now it's gone.
Chemo is paint tubes and tongue.

8 comments:

Shorty said...

I am so happy you have so much on the go. I love watching your creativity grow...

Shorty said...

I am so happy you have so much on the go. I love watching your creativity grow...

Will said...

Boy?

Best,

Sarah said...

Sorry! I meant man with 30 penises.

Hope said...

Now that would be a heck of a painting. A totally new incarnation of Saraswati . . . her male counterpart, with 30 penises.

Will said...

The reference my excellent (and gracious) friend made was to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbRom1Rz8OA

Hope said...

Oooh! Have B and I finally convinced you to move everything to WordPress? :D

Sarah said...

Wordpress? Nay.
Call me Stick and observe my muddy surroundings.