Wednesday, January 17, 2007

The Online Art Journal Begins.

I'm very excited to have a place to write about my art and about the art of others. It seems very self-indulgent to do so but, as fellow artists will agree, the art world is a very solitary and isolated place. Even if you are in a room brimming with friends and artists, connecting with them on the *perfect* level of art is very difficult and doesn't happen as often as it should. It's due to everyone being unique, I suppose. But it makes it hard to rabbit on about your own work if you don't feel like anybody is *getting it*. Chatter, chatter, chatter that gets lost in the crowded air. Here, in this blog, it doesn't matter if anybody gets it or not because it's smaller, because it's for me. I understand my work and my blatherings. Chatter, chatter, chatter that collects in this small warm room and beads on the windows for me to look at. So pretty. I'm excited to write about all things art while I can! Not only is it inspiring to wrap myself up in art text, but it also gives an extra sense of purpose to everything I'm doing. Which - on some days - is most needed. So, this is it. My art blog. Delicious and dripping and bold and bright. I'm not sure how often I will update it as I really am my main audience. But I will try to make a point of coming and posting here often. At least once a week, often more but never less.

*leaves to contemplate compositions and and paintings*

Love,
xxxS.

No comments: