Saturday, January 20, 2007

Quantity.

I am scared that the most powerful drawcard of Share Your Tears will end up being the quantity of the work, the amount of people crying. I can envision them in a gallery and see the most powerful aspect being standing at the entrance way, completely swamped by painting after painting of crying people - from all over the world. Now, of course this is part of the beauty and essentially part of the point - that no matter how alone you feel, you really aren't; that no matter how unattractive you feel, you're really beautiful. So I'm glad this effect will be achieved. But I'm worried that standing and looking at individual pieces won't bring about much emotion.

I'm not sure what to do about that.
Will just a string of endless names be enough?
I mean, will seeing a *name* under *each* piece bring more to the individual work?

I really need to figure out what to do here. To keep going forward with the white backgrounds of each piece, or to bring in more. And if I suddenly choose to bring in more, do I go back and change the earlier pieces?

Curious and undecided.

Frustrated.

No comments: