Tuesday, May 1, 2007

May Day! May Day!

It's atrociously hot down here (up here).
I have been sawing wood on the front porch while the birds sung and the ants devoured a dead bee.
I held up a long piece of 1x and danced around it in bare feet.
My beautiful May Pole.
I laughed and swished my skirt.

Today I am working on three commissions and emailing a buyer about some others.
Rufus Wainwright trills from the speakers.
Honey suckle dances up my nose.

'Waterpistol Wednesday' was a hard one to paint because I do not think I put down enough AG. It didn't absorb well. Distress. I must make sure to apply extra coats to the boxes I am building today.

And...paper. Do I miss paper? Did I sell out on paper?
I tell myself I did not sell out because I simply found a medium I preferred better. But when I read Watercolour Magazines and see only 'Watercolour on paper' I wonder if I left the paper arena too early.
Yes?
No?
I loved it so. It wasn't inconsistent.
But I love the presentation of the boxed boards much better.

Also today I am picking a Share Your Tears painting to turn into a t-shirt.
I am much excited.
I shall wear them everywhere!
And so should you!

I will let you know when they are up for sale.
Support the arts!
And help me buy enough water to make it through the summer!

*twinkle*
*sparkle*
*zip*

I'm off to drill, glue, nail and sand.

2 comments:

Lyvvie said...

I simply adore you, you know. I just do.

Thorne said...

I love the sound of breaking glass. Came by via... umm... maybe livvie?