Sunday, July 27, 2008

Stupid Beautiful Sam Flax

Why beautiful? Because it is a new art supply store to play at in Atlanta.
Why stupid? Because I got in trouble with a grouchy old goat before I even got in the door. I almost walked away completely.
But that is a story for another day.

The story for today is....

I found an exciting new WC paper! Well, actually, boy found it and called me over. We ooohed and aaaaahed. Yupo is meant to be an excellent, excellent brand and boy excitedly showed me this pad in the store:



The reason it is so exciting is that it's DEAD FLAT.
Flatter than flat.
Smoother than pastry.
Oh, beautiful!
More polished than marble.
More slick than my skin after a run in the Alabama heat.
(yeah, I could go on forever)
And I get to play on it because I bought some!
Now...you KNOW I'm a wood fan...but I couldn't resist the excitement of trying this paper...it fesmelt (felt and smelt, I can make up words) ridiculousy great.
Rock on.

Also, I got two new interesting colours which I can't wait to play with!
The two that excite me are Cobalt Torquoise and Cobalt Violet.
I can't wait until I have the time to crack them open and experiment.



ALSO of great importance and noting is the leafing.
I bought gold and silver leafing which I am going to try and incorporate into some works.
I simply cannot wait to see until how it works/pans out.
I see the most beautiful visions inside my head.

I spent money I really didn't have but I spent it on items that just....
well.
Heighten my heartbeat.
I can go without food for that.

I will post updates, of course, of the new toys after I've played with them.

No comments: