Saturday, February 10, 2007

Self Portrait.

Today I worked on a self portrait. I was meaning to do one at the beginning of the year but it got away from me. A group of friends and I have an online monthly art competition, though, and somebody labelled February as 'Self Portrait' month. So I finally quit dawdling and did one.

I'm not sure if I like it or not.
It looks much better in person than it does on the computer.
I'm pretty happy with the colours.
But I've been staring at it too long to really be able to see it anymore.
Plus the evening light is dim.

It would look great with a red mat.

I shall look at it again in the morning.

I am eager to move onto other works so this may be as far as this one gets.

With love,
xxxS.

Self Portrait Below, 2007. (click to enlarge)

1 comment:

Lyvvie said...

The eyes are amazing!