Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Presentation Experimentation.

Huge grin.
Well!
Now that I know how to saw, glue, nail and fix boxes, it comes down to how I want to present my paintings.

1) Boxed frame covered with canvas.
2) Boxed frame covered with wood and painted with Absorbent Ground
3) Boxed frame covered with wood and spray painted.

The first two options would require painting directly onto my working surfaces. The last option would require painting onto paper, mounting work onto card and mounting card onto the box frame.

It's all very exciting.
Either tonight or tomorrow I will be experimenting with my new mediums.

In the meantime, here are the three boxes I made recently and painted with absorbent ground.




I can't wait to see how well it does (or doesn't) take watercolour.

No comments: