Tuesday, January 15, 2008

On Death

I just got this email from my first serious boyfriend.

Dude,

I had the freakiest dream last night! (Which is not too unusual for me, over the past year my dreams have been getting stranger every night.)

I dreamt that I had died in a plane crash. It didn’t hurt or anything, and it wasn’t that scary. I just remember the plane hitting the ground, the dust cleared, and everyone was just sitting on the ground. Then we all started to get up, an try to understand what had happened. I didn’t know anyone around me, so I just began to walk out of the wreckage.

The next thing that I saw was you standing a field. I made my way towards you. That’s when you told me that we were all dead.

By this time there were hundreds of people just wandering through these fields. Some people finding other people they knew, the rest just kept walking.

You then showed me my own funeral. There were heaps of people saying and reading stuff to me and about me. Now I've totally broken down. You held me and said everything is going to be sweet.

I then calmed down and thought for a second. Why could you see me, talk to me, and show me these things? You told me that you had died some time ago. But I didn’t know about it. I broke down again. That news hurt.

Several moments later, I felt peaceful. Everything was quiet and calm. Everything was going to be fine.

We started to walk towards a city or town together.

That’s when I woke up.



Sweet.
I really like it.
*high fives the moon*

1 comment:

Kay said...

Thinking about death can mean there is a change coming, or already taking place.

All will be as it is meant to be.

Odd though, just yesterday and today I have been emailing about flying.

And death is not scary at all. Just bit of a bugger when you haven't finished everything you wanted to do here!